    administrator files but with no result. Any suggestions? FYI, am using XP
    home edition on a laptop and had access to the advanced options 'til about a
    week ago. Thanks.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jim Fox Guest

    Have you upgraded to SP2? It has fixed a lot of problem in Wireless Zero
    Configuration. And be sure you have set the card to use Windows to
    configure the wireless network settings, if you can get to the Wireless
    Networks tab.

    Otherwise, strange problems can sometimes be fixed using WinSock XP Fix (log
    in as Administrator):
    After using it, you will need to reset any custom entries you may have made
    for you Wi-Fi card in Network Connections.

    Jim Fox, Dec 7, 2004