    to have this option?
    Right now, I can't connect to any wireless network.

    Thanks for any help.

    Guest, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Dear sir/madam,

    Please verify that the "Wireless Zero Configuration" service is started and
    running by using the Computer Management application ( run "compmgmt.msc").
    It should be, by default, first of all. Barring that, I believe the problem
    may be related to the fact that the driver for your wireless card does not
    identify itself as a wireless card per se, but rather as a traditional
    ethernet device, which means that it is not the driver that you really want.
    Please do the following, if you want to use the Windows Wireless Networking
    Client. However, note that the manufacturer of your wireless card _may_
    have given you a wireless client program to use with your card. You should
    consult with the manufacturer to find out if they want you to use their
    program, our use the one that comes with Windows. My guess is the latter,
    but I don't like to assume on behalf of a customer.

    To uninstall-re-install the driver for your wireless card do the following:
    1. Uninstall the driver for this card - Using Device Manager (run
    "devmgmt.msc")
    2. Find the driver for this card that is specific for Windows XP
    3. Install this driver
    4. Go to the network connections folder and check for the "View Available
    Networks" network task.

    I hope this solves your problem.

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Jan 12, 2005