vhdl code for bidirectional transceiver

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by qtr, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. qtr

    qtr

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    How do I connect two bidirectional ports in VHDL with an enable signal?

    data1 & data2 are bidirectional ports.
    When enab is 1, data2 should be written to data1.
    when enab is 0 , data1 should be readback to data2.

    This is the code I tried and here is the simulation results:

    http://picasaweb.google.com/qtrpenn/Sim/photo#5082639408873976578
    I am unable to see any hard drive on data2 when enab is low, why is it so?
    Could someone please help me out?
    Thanks in advance,
    QTR.

    qtr, Jul 5, 2007