    Did everytthing they suggested for Win98, but the problem remains.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

    Coleen, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Coleen

    Ben Myers Guest

    Start the problem computer in "Command Prompt", type "edit c:\winboot.ini"
    and press "Enter". Type in the following text, then press "Alt-F", then "S". Then
    reboot. If Windows starts normally, rename the file to "c:\msdos.sys", then see
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=129998.

    [Paths]
    WinDir=C:\WINDOWS
    WinBootDir=C:\WINDOWS