[very simple question] configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Amator, Dec 17, 2005.

  1. Amator

    Amator Guest

    Hi all,

    I've got very simple question, because I'm Cisco-beginner.
    What should I do to remove some lines from router-configuration or
    replace a line with another one.

    Example:
    I want to replace:

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet0

    with:

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <ip number>

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    Best regards,
    A.

    Amator, Dec 17, 2005

  2. On 17.12.2005 15:23 Amator wrote
    Many Cisco configuration commands are undone with putting a "no " in
    front. Hence

    no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet0

    will undo your first command. Then add the 2nd one.

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Dec 17, 2005

  3. Amator

    Wil Guest

    It would be wise to add the default route first, and then delete the
    stale entry. i.e:

    !
    config terminal
    !
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <ip number>
    !
    no ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Ethernet0
    !
    end
    !

    Wil
    my 3¢

    Wil, Dec 17, 2005
  4. Amator

    Hansang Bae Guest

    On 17.12.2005 15:23 Amator wrote
    [snip]

    DOH! Hope you weren't doing it remotely! ;) If you were, hope you
    have access to the directly connected router so you can jump off from
    it.

    --

    hsb

    Due to the volume of email that I receive, I may not be able to

    Hansang Bae, Dec 23, 2005