[Very OT] I want to download a file...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bim_bom, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. bim_bom

    bim_bom Guest

    I want to download a file from http://www.sendspace.com/file/kdm7pb , but
    here in Poland there are very little slots available (I tried opening this
    page 100 times at different hour, and it always shows "There are no free
    download slots available"). I tried setting a proxy and it showed a link to
    download, but this link didn't work (maybe HTTP proxy works only for HTML
    files, not for other files). So probably it isn't a problem to download it
    from the US...

    I am asking you, if you would be able to download this file and put it on
    rapidshare.de on your ftp or http server. It is very important for me, I
    have lost about an hour for it.

    Of course it is OT, I tried to find a popular NG to write to (I ddin't want
    to write to many newsgroups). But it is little on-topic - there are photos
    in this file ;)

    This file is 93 MB big...

    Thank you in advance.

    bim_bom, Oct 16, 2006

  2. bim_bom

    chrisu Guest

    yeah right

    chrisu, Oct 16, 2006

  3. bim_bom

    bim_bom Guest

    ???

    bim_bom, Oct 16, 2006
  4. bim_bom

    Bill Funk Guest

    It might help if you provided some sort of idea of what the file is,
    and why you can't get up at 3:00am to D/L it if it's so important.
    Or why you can't spend six bucks if it's really important.

    Bill Funk, Oct 17, 2006
  5. bim_bom

    DubDriver Guest

    You can now download it from here
    http://www.aupz66.dsl.pipex.com/Dzien Chujowego Swetra v2.o.rar

    DubDriver, Oct 17, 2006
  6. bim_bom

    DubDriver Guest

    You don't need to know any of this just to help the guy out.

    DubDriver, Oct 17, 2006
  7. bim_bom

    l v Guest

    That depends on how willing someone is to download and host unknown
    questionable content, i.e. illegal software, porn, export of
    cryptography, a virus, a worm, etc.

    Just speaking for myself -- I'd prefer not to spend 10 - 15 years in prison.

    l v, Oct 17, 2006
  8. bim_bom

    DubDriver Guest

    Well I didn't point the finger at you but you chose to spend your energy
    explaining why you didn't help rather than just get on and do it, fair
    enough it's what I've come to expect these days ... FYI It's a RAR file
    which isn't "questionable" once one has put ones self out to help, download
    it, examined the contents before uploading elsewhere. Simply unpacking a
    RAR file can't infect a PC, once done it is clear by viewing the contents of
    the folder that it only contains jpg files, pictures of what look like his
    Polish student mates wearing rather jazzy knitwear, but If it were anything
    illegal one could have simply deleted it without further action.

    DubDriver, Oct 17, 2006
  9. bim_bom

    l v Guest

    I put my energy into explaining so the OP could improve on their posting
    skills. If the OP put a little bit of energy into explaining what the
    file was, I might have put the effort *and money* into downloading and
    uploading a 93 mb file. You pay by the MB when using a high speed
    satellite connection.

    l v, Oct 17, 2006
  10. bim_bom

    bim_bom Guest

    Thank you very much! :)
    As I have written before - it is not warez or porn - only "normal" photos.
    In Poland, "six bucks" isn't the same, as "six bucks" in the USA ;)

    Once again, thank you.

    bim_bom, Oct 17, 2006
  11. bim_bom

    Bill Funk Guest

    Absolutely true.
    At the same time, I don't have top help him out, either.
    When a task is so trivially simple, I wonder why someone needs help
    with it.

    Bill Funk, Oct 17, 2006