    If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    TIA

    El.Plates, Nov 23, 2008

  2. El.Plates

    joevan Guest

    Which fan is making the noise, the case fan or the CPU fan? Or the one
    you use to cool your butt?

    joevan, Nov 23, 2008

  3. El.Plates

    meow2222 Guest

    - replace fan with quieter one
    - small carpet lined box over air output, with L shaped air path
    - glue damping material to case on the inside

    http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Fan_noise_reduction

    NT

    meow2222, Nov 23, 2008
  4. El.Plates

    VanguardLH Guest

    NOTE: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking removed from newsgroups in my
    reply. Not a related newsgroup to this topic, and to also reduce
    excessive cross-posting to 4, or less, newsgroups.

    Put a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder in the Start menu.
    Either put in your own profile's startup group (to run only when you
    login) or in the all-users group (so it runs for whomever logs in).
    Right-click on the Startup group in the Start menu and select Open (for
    your own login) or Open All Users (for the all-users group), then add a
    shortcut to the speedfan.exe program. If you don't want to see the
    program when it first loads, enable its option to minimize to tray.

    VanguardLH, Nov 23, 2008
  5. Get a decent set of speakers with a center subwoofer, mate.

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 23, 2008
  6. El.Plates

    jaster Guest

    I agree get him to buy and install a better fan. Every HD reformat would
    need speedfan reinstalled and newer cpu fans are getting quieter and cool.

    jaster, Nov 23, 2008
  7. El.Plates

    The Samurai Guest

    best thing is to damp the inside of your case, that will reduce some
    vibrations

    The Samurai, Nov 24, 2008
  8. El.Plates

    El.Plates Guest

    all subwoofers are omnidirectional mate

    El.Plates, Nov 24, 2008
  9. El.Plates

    rf Guest

    Buckets of water work well for dampening. Keeps things cool as well. No need
    for those noisy fan things.

    rf, Nov 24, 2008
  10. El.Plates

    olfart Guest

    or you can...unzip and let 'er rip.....leave the fan running for best
    results

    olfart, Nov 24, 2008
  11. Well you know...the kind where thers two or four satellite speakers to
    handle the highs and midrange and then theres this mighty box with a port
    that faces straight down so if you have downstairs neighbors *they* can
    also enjoy your addiction to a 24/7 music fest featuring "trance" music :)

    TECHNO4EVER!

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 24, 2008
  12. El.Plates

    El.Plates Guest