Very cool fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigal, Mar 7, 2006.

?

Do you fancy a temperature display in your fan?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2006.
  1. Sure, I'm an easy kind of person.....

    2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Only if they display the metric values

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only if they display the English values

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Big Al for President

    3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, he's already said he has very unstable power there, which is why I said he should get a decent UPS, it'd be more important to him for the voltage regulation than the backup really and it's solve a lot of his headaches.

    The Modfather, Mar 14, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Umm i have a UPS (line interactive) and it hasn't ""Bucked"" or ""Boosted"" before in its life span! :|

    Maybe i need to get a 1500 Watt Power Supply to regulate the power at exactly 230Volts? u know the ones they use at labs? with an adjustable rail.

    unholy, Mar 14, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe you've overloaded one of the rails in the PSU - assuming there are two 12-volt output rails, are you sharing the loading among these? One for the motherboard, one for the videocard.

    bigal, Mar 14, 2006
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    pft sif i overloading 19 Amps... u have to be kidding me... i only have a x600pro which doesn't require a primary input bar the supplied from the mobo.

    I think it has something to do with jittering on the input.

    unholy, Mar 15, 2006
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You just have terrible luck, what can I say? If you're using a UPS and it has voltage regulation then it's not your power, it's your crappy PSU's, try a decent one that's NOT made in Taiwan or China. :)

    The Modfather, Mar 15, 2006
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    well i was waiting for the new OCZ PSU... i think i will wait :) i have heard great things, things such as 1kw... :)

    unholy, Mar 15, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Modfather, Mar 16, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    oh you dont know much about it, nether do i, but lets just say i have been getting the "low down" from OCZ Marketer :)

    unholy, Mar 16, 2006
  9. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well you do have connections with OCZ that I don't, so that'd make sense wouldn't it? Of course, OCZ has a killer reputation so I'm sure it'll be a decent PSU.

    The Modfather, Mar 17, 2006
  10. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Mar 17, 2006
  11. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, that's a bit better. Might look cool as heck in the Titan or something. :)

    The Modfather, Mar 18, 2006
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hmmmm would it happen to be male by Thermallake?

    unholy, Mar 18, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You mean "made"? I think it might be. Order one and find out.

    bigal, Mar 18, 2006
  14. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i remember there was such thing as ThermalLake when the olde disc Shop was still running over here. by the way i seem to be making many typing errors :( i think my keyboard is becoming to slow for my fingers :)

    unholy, Mar 19, 2006
  15. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    No, you're just a retard who can't type properly :p

    XhArD, Mar 19, 2006
  16. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You guys aren't very observant, it's made by Sharkoon. It's even in the URL on newegg that he posted. :)

    The Modfather, Mar 19, 2006
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    sif i would look, comon its not like i am going to buy it :p

    unholy, Mar 19, 2006
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, Sif!

    Sif must be the Australian version of a CPU socket, you know, what we call a ZIF socket. (Sero Insertion Force). :)

    The Modfather, Mar 20, 2006
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    ZIF sockets are different. "Sif" means "as if" and i dont think its australian :p

    infact ZIF sockets own. Surface mounted are a pain... its like impossible to remove them off PCB's :p i tried on a old 486, i wanted a keyring, but i ended up taking out heaps of resistors :p

    unholy, Mar 20, 2006
  20. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Um, don't care... Sif isn't used here, sorry, must be an Aussie thing, maybe they do it in England too, dunno.

    I know you both use "Ennit" or "innit" (isn't it)

    The Modfather, Mar 21, 2006