    want a manual.
    Toshiba Satellite P35-S609

    , Dec 14, 2006

  2. On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:12:28 -0500, marzdra wrote:

    > Subject: Vertical Lines on the LCD screen - Need service manual for Toshiba Laptop (not a users manual)
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:12:28 -0500
    >
    > My laptop has a few vertical lines on the screen.There are more and more
    > with time. I would like to take the screen out, reseat the cables, and see
    > if that's all it needs. That's why I want a service manual. For love or
    > money, I can't seem to find one on the net. I'd be happy to pay RETAIL for
    > one if I could find it.
    >
    > I've done plenty of work inside PC's, just not a laptop. Is it pretty easy
    > to replace the screen? If all I need it to remove some screws and open up
    > the hood, that's no problem. If there are unusual pitfalls (hidden clamps,
    > adhesives, binding spells, etc.), well that's why I want a manual.
    > Toshiba Satellite P35-S609

    I would check for things that could physically damage the screen when the
    lid is closed. It is possible that some item got left on the keyboard and
    got caught inside the lid when it was closed. LCD displays are susceptible
    to damage from impacts, and it doesn't take much force to do that.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 16, 2006