    Also anyone came across Taiyo Yuden media here other then the expensive
    blackcd.co.nz?

    Cheers

    nil_einne1, Sep 30, 2005

  2. nil_einne1

    Chris Hope Guest

    I've never seen anywhere else you can buy Taiyo Yuden in NZ. I was
    considering buying some from the US when there was no stock of the
    Verbatim printable DVD-Rs in NZ for about 6 weeks or so. Once the
    freight was added the Taiyo Yudens were more expensive than
    blankcd.co.nz though, and I checked out a few different places as well.

    I buy all my media from aquilatech.co.nz - haven't managed to find
    anyone else who can beat their prices for printable verbatim dvd-r and
    verbatim cdr.

    Chris Hope, Sep 30, 2005

  3. nil_einne1

    XP Guest

    The Imation DVD that I have are made by Ricoh, these are also very good DVD's,
    but I also have some Ricoh Branded DVD's

    Ricoh is one of the leaders in this kind of development, and makes Lasers for
    these devices, I think they invented to CD-RW disk..

    XP, Sep 30, 2005
  4. nil_einne1

    XP Guest

    Ricoh also make creat DVD's

    XP, Sep 30, 2005
  5. nil_einne1

    Chris Hope Guest

    I bought some Imation ones that were really crappy while I was waiting
    for the Verbatims to come back into stock - they weren't Ricoh ones. IN
    fact the ATIP info doesn't even have a manufacturer name, just some
    strange numbers. I've always found Ricoh CDs to be excellent quality
    (haven't used the DVDs).

    The Verbatim ones are made by Mitsubishi which I think own Verbatim. I
    seem to have a bad CD about 1 in 70 (DVDs are all good) but that could
    be due to my cd writer (which is a Ricoh - DVD writer is an LG). They
    get a fair amount of use - about 400 CDs and 50 DVDs per month.

    Given that sort of load what do you think about frequency of replacing
    the writer?

    Chris Hope, Sep 30, 2005