    Sincerely,
    Bill Edelstein
    Schenectady, NY

    w.edelstein, Feb 24, 2006

  2. w.edelstein

    Paul Heslop Guest

    The first question is always 'did you finalise the dvd after
    recording?'

    If the answer to this is no then check up in your manual on how to
    finalise. Basically you're locking the dvd, it will not be able to
    take any more information on it, but it will then become readable on
    other players (Hopefully.)
    There are always exceptions, not all home recorded discs will play in
    all machines. If you find you have finalised and it still won't play
    in your pc try it in another player. If it still refuses to play then
    you have a problem.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 25, 2006

  3. w.edelstein

    MikeLeeB Guest

    ..
    I have a similar problem occationally with CD and DVD. What works
    sometimes for me is ejecting, opening Explorer by right clicking
    "Start" in your bottom toolbar and selecting Explorer, find and open
    the empty drive with Explorer, then insert the disk and see if the
    contents show up in Explorer. You can also try the same thing with
    Window Media Player, opening "file" in WMP top toolbar, select "Open"
    and find the drive that way instead. Don't know why I have this
    problem some computers and not others.

    MikeLeeB

    MikeLeeB, Feb 25, 2006
  4. w.edelstein

    w.edelstein Guest

    Paul Heslop's suggestion worked. I put the DVD back into the Allegro
    VCR/DVD recorder, found "finalize," and finalized it. Now it plays on
    my computer and I am able to see the files.

    I had tried Mike's approach before, but it did not work for me.

    Thanks.

    Bill Edelstein

    w.edelstein, Feb 25, 2006
  5. w.edelstein

    Paul Heslop Guest

    You're welcome Bill.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 25, 2006
  6. w.edelstein

    TheFug. Guest

    Maybe a tip for Bill, next time you buy a dvd-recorder, decide for one
    that writes onto +RW, my experience is, that with VR mode you can use
    this disc in yor pc without finalizing.

    TheFug., Mar 25, 2006