VB or C#?? whats the difference

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by concern parent, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. tesr

    --

    I have to disagree. All of the programmers I know _hate_ VB or any
    incarnation of it. We all hope that VB/VB.Net will just go away, along with

    Please do not encourage people to use VB. Please. I would almost rather
    hear of someone saying they are a "COBOL.Net" programmer.

    No, I am not trying to start a VB.Net vs. C# language war. However, 80%+ of
    the VB "programmers" I have met over the last 15 years have just sucked as
    "programmers".

    And _every_ VB "guy" I have met thought they were part of the 10%-20% that
    actually know how to program.

    Spending a few years doing VB and some ADO crap doesn't make one a programmer.

    Dear MS, please, please, KILL VB and all versions of it. :)

    [email protected], Dec 10, 2007

  2. I am vb.net and C# in Asia, i start from vb6, vb.net ,and change to C# long
    time.
    But because of my job, i also need to work in visualbasic with teammate.
    JimDaGeek , i think you are missing something, under .NET Framework,
    VisualBasic and C# using same Class , everybody know that if C# can do,
    VisualBasic (sure, .NET)
    Can do so, about cross-platform, for webform , it can handle by mono-project
    ,focus on future
    mono-project alreadly announce moonlight (SilverLight mono Port)
    Long time. You work in 15 years exp. programmer still cannot see good vb
    programmer, it's really because vb?
    well, vb.net vs C# language war started loooooooong time ago,after you learn
    vb and C# , you will say:( vb & C# different , jus syntax.)
    You must overview more about .NET and future ( WPF,LinQ,Silverlight,ASP.NET
    Future)

    [email protected], Dec 10, 2007

  3. concern parent

    Anand Narine Guest