Variable jitter with PPP Multilink

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mimmus, May 15, 2007.

  1. Mimmus

    Mimmus Guest

    Hi,
    I have two serial links (2 Mbps) bundled with PPP Multilink:

    interface Multilink1
    bandwidth 4096
    ip address 192.168.110.13 255.255.255.252
    ip route-cache flow
    fair-queue
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink links minimum 1
    ppp multilink group 1
    !
    interface Serial0/0/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink group 1
    !
    interface Serial0/1/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink group 1

    and this works pretty well. If I try to configure "Link Fragmentation and
    Interleaving", to give better "priority" to interactive applications (as
    telnet or voice) as described
    in:
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fqos_c/fqcprt6/qcflfi.htm

    inserting:

    ppp multilink interleave
    ppp multilink group 1
    ppp multilink fragment delay 10

    link starts to go very bad, especially ping RTT show an highly variable
    behaviour (from a few of ms to many hundreds).

    Any help?

    Thanks
    Mimmus

    Mimmus, May 15, 2007