    Dave Stanton Guest

    I did say open !!. Meaning no firewall etc.

    Dave

    Dave Stanton, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Andrew

    [ste parker] Guest

    But in the post I was referring to, and the situation I was directing
    the question at, it involved there being a (single, and on the adsl
    router for example) Firewall in place.

    [ste parker], Oct 13, 2004

  3. Andrew

    Dave Stanton Guest

    You did ask how to get the sasser worm !!

    Dave

    Dave Stanton, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Andrew

    [ste parker] Guest

    Looking at the context of the thread might have been handy, it's not
    like I didn't leave the relevant info there clear to see....

    [ste parker], Oct 13, 2004
  5. Andrew

    Dave Stanton Guest

    Not going to get into a row over this, but I replied to your one comment,
    how do you/ did you get sasser worm, thats all. Its no big deal. I read
    the thread, I always do.

    Dave

    Dave Stanton, Oct 14, 2004
  6. Andrew

    mike Guest

    not on the free version.
    TBH, i gave up on Norton stuff, bar NDD & speedisk, back in 2000ish.
    it has a nasty habit of closing the barn door after the horse has bolted
    interms of new virus threats.
    but that's only my opinion.

    let's take this one step further.....
    another good adition is Spywareblaster &/or spybot
    but i'll let you decide how far you take the overall threat over making
    things 'too' complex, when, honestly, is the threat that much to worry about

    mike

    mike, Oct 18, 2004
  7. Andrew

    mike Guest

    outbound is a necessity. (ET call home.)

    mike

    mike, Oct 19, 2004
  8. Andrew

    poster Guest

    So you have never seen a thread go off at a tangent ? Context is
    often in the light of the last comment/query, in my view! Peter.

    poster, Oct 20, 2004