    this means that you can reasonably have 800-meter cable runs with
    regular utp cable (not meaning cat 6 or 7)? What then happens to the
    100-meter limit? Thanks for any help explaining this.

    runner7, Sep 28, 2007

  2. runner7

    Shel-hed Guest

    Hi speed digital is very different than what voice demands.

    Shel-hed, Sep 28, 2007

  3. I've worked with UTP Cat5 quite a bit, the limit for data is supposed to
    be 100 meters. I've gone way beyond that several time, not a problem
    that I've experienced. When I get a 1000 foot roll, I sometimes will
    connect the beginning and the end between a couple of computers. So far,
    it works. Maybe it's not as fast as a 50 foot run, but hardly noticeable
    difference. There's a ton of information on Google, but I'm not a big
    believer in stated statistics unless there's something to back it up.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2007