    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    Martin ©¿©¬ , Nov 24, 2006

  2. Martin ©¿©¬

    beenthere Guest

    <Martin ©¿©¬ lid> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > When my pc boots up I get a message saying
    > "uTorrent is not compatable with NVIDIA firewall (nvappfilter.dll)
    > Please un-install the application if you have any probs
    > The program contains several bugs"
    >
    > When I click OK, uTorrent has to re-start, but then continues
    > I've only recently started to use uTorrent and have set it to load
    > when windows starts.
    >
    > I wasn't aware that I had set NVIDIA Firewall.
    > I use Sygate person firewall
    >
    > If I were to remove nvappfilter.dll or NIVIDIA would it have a
    > detrimental effect on some other part of my system
    > nvappfilter.dll is in C:\windows\system32
    >
    > Running WINXP home

    In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    NV firewall.
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    HTH.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Nov 24, 2006

  3. On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:48:55 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    wrote:
    >In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    >Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    >NV firewall.
    >http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    >HTH.

    Thanks beenthere
    Followed your directions, found the port, however, when I accessed the
    Firewall functions, (click on the "nVIDIA Web-based Interface" icon on
    the desktop, or in the programs menu) My menu is different from that
    in the URL - there is no personal firewall configuration or wizards
    menus shown

    So what do I do now?
    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬

    looked at
    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4 for
    instructions, however,

    Martin ©¿©¬ , Nov 24, 2006
  4. Martin ©¿©¬

    beenthere Guest

    <Martin ©¿©¬ lid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:48:55 GMT, "beenthere" <>
    > wrote:
    >>In utorrent, find out what port it is using.
    >>Then here, you can find out how to let it through the
    >>NV firewall.
    >>http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1652&page=4
    >>HTH.

    > Thanks beenthere
    > Followed your directions, found the port, however, when I accessed the
    > Firewall functions, (click on the "nVIDIA Web-based Interface" icon on
    > the desktop, or in the programs menu) My menu is different from that
    > in the URL - there is no personal firewall configuration or wizards
    > menus shown
    >
    > So what do I do now?

    Try here, bottom left hand side, you can D\load a PDF file
    that should give you more insight.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.html
    HTH.

    beenthere, Nov 24, 2006