UTF rendering problems

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Hello All:

    My first post! I have Mozilla and Firefox installed in two computers and only
    Firefox in one. I noticed that only Firefox installation supports UTF rendering
    for devanagari (Hindi) or for diacritics properly.

    http://www.stutimandal.com/gif_adi/govindastakam.htm

    For example, if you have the latest build of firefox *only*, you should see the
    title of the poem without any spaces between the title word.

    However, in computers where Mozilla Suite is installed, I see the rendering as
    improper. It has useless spaces after any character which has to be
    super-imposed on top of the previous character.

    I removed all my profiles (c:\documents and settings\username\application
    data\mozilla) and cache etc from c:\program files\ and then re-installed only
    firefox. The problem still persists.

    Is there a way out of this mess?

    Best regards,
    Animesh

    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006

  2. Animesh K

    gwtc Guest

    try upgrading to Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Animesh K

    gwtc, Jun 20, 2006
  4. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Yes! But how do I fix it in a computer where mozilla was installed once upon a
    time, but now only firefox is there.

    Best,

    Animesh K, Jun 20, 2006
  6. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Animesh K, Jun 21, 2006
  7. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Animesh K, Jun 21, 2006
  8. Animesh K

    Mumia W. Guest

    I'm using Seamonkey 1.0.1.

    I went to that web site, and the Hindi text appeared just fine. There
    are no spaces in the title.

    Mumia W., Jun 22, 2006
  10. Animesh K

    Animesh K Guest

    Yes, that's what I am saying again and again; a fresh installation works fine.
    But if Mozilla has been in the history of install, (say till past 1 year), then
    page rendering is bad (my testing method: win Xp, and 2 different computers).
    How to get around this?

    Best,

    Animesh K, Jun 22, 2006