    could be used without any security risks. Is it the case? or are the
    default keys exactly the same in all routers of the same model?

    Thanks in advance

    none, Mar 2, 2006

  2. none

    Malke Guest

    I've not seen any routers that *had* default encryption keys. The
    routers I've set up all have had encryption disabled as default. Of
    course, I haven't worked with all brands of routers, basically just
    D-Link, Linksys, Belkin, and some Buffalo ones. If you've got a router
    that does enable encryption and a key as default, I would not suggest
    using default settings, just as you shouldn't use the default SSID.

    Malke

    Malke, Mar 2, 2006

  3. none

    Mike Fields Guest

    So how is someone driving by supposed to get into
    the network if you change the defaults ??? ;-)

    mikey

    Mike Fields, Mar 4, 2006