    the Broadcom software.
    2) I cannot find a download for the Windows BT driver.
    Very annoying!

    nojo901, May 7, 2008

  2. Hi
    It might be that the Sync. starts through a file that loaded at Startup, and
    or starts a service.
    These two small utilities can help in identifying and getting rid of the
    culprit.
    StartUp let you find and control what is loaded at Startup.
    Process Explorer shows you all the running Processes and let you kill them
    temporarily, so you can see what is affecting the system, it would also
    inform you where and what is the source of the process.
    http://www.ezlan.net/infestation.html#startup
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 7, 2008

  3. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    Broadcom BT was originally known as Widcomm.

    However, I've seen several laptop delivered with the Broadcom drivers
    re-branded (like some HPs.)

    smlunatick, May 7, 2008
  4. nojo901

    James Egan Guest

    Perhaps there's something that can be disabled in the cmos setup?

    Jim.

    James Egan, May 8, 2008
  5. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    Disabling the Broadcom Bluetooth in the CMOS / BIOS "removes" the
    Bluetooth "radio" from XP completely

    smlunatick, May 8, 2008
  6. nojo901

    Pavel A. Guest

    Is this really necessary? the Blackberry sync does not work with BT/Widcomm
    driver?
    Strange.

    --PA

    Pavel A., May 8, 2008
  7. nojo901

    smlunatick Guest

    The OP wants to remove the Widcomm/Broadcom BT drivers and then let
    Microsoft's Sp2 get installed. You can not have "botth" installed at
    the same time.

    smlunatick, May 9, 2008