    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Dec 31, 2009

  2. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    I did, and longer than a minute...

    That's why I mentioned controlling the router, which does have wi-fi
    capability.

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Dec 31, 2009

  3. Linea Recta

    Paul Guest

    Based on reading a description of what "inSSIDer" is doing, you
    need a Wifi card inside the computer. The Wifi card is used to sniff
    the airwaves, under control of the "inSSIDer" program.

    If all of the functionality of the "inSSIDer" program, was contained
    in the router itself, and the router had an HTTP web page with all
    of the necessary information in it, a computer could pull that info
    from the router. The router is a self-contained system, and its
    processor bus is not exposed to your desktop computer. You only
    get the info from the router, that the router is designed to give.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 31, 2009
  4. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    I was thinking more in theory than in practice, but that answers my question
    I suppose...

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Dec 31, 2009
  5. Linea Recta

    smlunatick Guest

    To control the wi-fi at the router, you will need to access the
    router's internal configuration pages via a web browser. Yes, you can
    and should control the router's wi-fi settings via a wired computer

    inSSIDer is a tool which, with a wi-fi adapter, will detect and list
    out all wi-fi network with-in the area of the "inSSIDer" based
    computer. inSSIDer offers no control aspect for any router.

    smlunatick, Dec 31, 2009
  6. Linea Recta

    Linea Recta Guest

    "smlunatick" <> schreef in bericht
    To control the wi-fi at the router, you will need to access the
    router's internal configuration pages via a web browser. Yes, you can
    and should control the router's wi-fi settings via a wired computer

    inSSIDer is a tool which, with a wi-fi adapter, will detect and list
    out all wi-fi network with-in the area of the "inSSIDer" based
    computer. inSSIDer offers no control aspect for any router.

    ---end quote---

    Yes, on my (wi-fi enabled) notebook it works fine.
    I already changed my channel to 6, because the neighbourhood seems to use 1,
    6 and 11. Channel 6 was used the least and the weakest.

    --
    regards,

    |\ /|
    | \/ |@rk
    \../
    \/os

    Linea Recta, Dec 31, 2009
  7. Hi
    Actually Not only that you can control the Wireless Router through the wired
    computer but it is also the right way to do so.
    Configuring the Router from a wireless computer ends up ,many time with a
    catch22 situation.
    I.e., the connection can be severed in the middle of the configuration and
    you would not be able to connect to continue the configuration cause
    something will mismatch.
    After the Router was configured you can use insider (or manually) configure
    the wireless computer.
    InSSIDer can provide provide some fun info. and have few more gimmicks, but
    it is Not Router configuration utility.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 1, 2010