    does anyone know if i can connect to my pop3 email account with virgin from
    my mobile? will they allow this?
    Nige

    Nige, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Nige

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Nige

    old man Guest

    I dont believe its so much as allow, but what settings you put in the phone
    for the account setup. And there again it might also depend on the mobile.

    old man, Jun 23, 2007
  4. Nige

    Plato Guest

    Does
    Will

    Plato, Jun 23, 2007
  5. Nige

    Tester Guest

    Well, I can connect to POP.VIRGIN.NET port 110 from the U.S. So if
    that's your POP3 server it should work. Of course, I didn't try to
    login.

    (Once I DID try to login to someone else's POP3 server with user
    guest, pass guest, and it worked - the inbox was full of spam.)

    Almost all POP3 providers permit you to access your incoming email
    from anywhere on the internet. A few years ago, AT&T dial-up service
    in the U.S. didn't.

    Sometimes, your IT department at work may block port 110. Some POP3
    providers have an alternative port and some webmail providers can
    access POP3 mail from elsewhere. Mail2web.com will access your POP3
    mail. Their default is NOT a secure connection but you can get a
    secure connection.

    Tester, Jun 23, 2007