Using the Newgroup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tigeressly, May 13, 2004.

  1. Tigeressly

    Tigeressly Guest

    I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but on Saturday I posted
    a message on this newsgroup.

    Thankfully I have up to date software as since then I have received 8 emails
    with virus's attached to them, all to the address that I used to on here,
    and as it was the first time I'd used the address, I knew it had started
    from here.

    I am going to ask a stupid question no doubt, but is there a way of keeping
    your email address private on the newgroups, I though you had to have one to
    send a post??

    Pretty sad that there are those out there that have the desire to try and
    reek havoc in other people's lives by trying to mess their computers.

    Any advise will be appreciated.

    Regards

    Tigeressly

    Tigeressly, May 13, 2004

  2. Tigeressly

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, May 13, 2004

  3. Tigeressly

    Mellowed Guest

    If you are using Outlook Express, you can use a 'fake' email address for
    Newsgroups. If you are using something like Google, you are stuck. If
    this is in error, somebody please advise.

    :

    Mellowed, May 14, 2004