    think it can be done in the Environmental Settings on the Advanced Tab
    in My Computer, but I'm not sure.

    ~Sly

    Slyfoot, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Forget everything you ever knew about Windows 9x. It's dead!

    Windows NT base products use autoexec.nt. Search for it.

    Mr. Trevor Fourie, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Slyfoot

    °Mike° Guest

    Just use a batch file and put it in your startup folder.
    This can be done from the registry, but it's easier
    from your startup folder.

    ***** <--- Omit this line
    @ECHO OFF
    SUBST z: c:\progra~1\timedata
    CLS
    EXIT
    ***** <--- Omit this line

    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2004
  4. Howdy!

    Workaround - Share the directory, then map the share as the drive.

    Doesn't work if you don't have a live network ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Slyfoot

    Slyfoot Guest

    On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:52:51 GMT, (Slyfoot) wrote:

    I wanted to say "thanks" to all who responded!

    ~Sly

    Slyfoot, Jun 30, 2004
  6. Slyfoot

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Jun 30, 2004
  7. Slyfoot

    Ramesh Kaliyaperumal

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Reg SUBST remap after reboot

    RwP,

    Probably you can create a bat file with the command "SUBST D: C:\Drive_D" and keep it in system startup, so that wehenever you start/reboot the system the drive will get mapped and available in "my computer"

    may be a silly answer , but it works for me .. lol

    Ramesh

    QUOTE=Ralph Wade Phillips;957060]Howdy!

    "Slyfoot" <> wrote in message
    > How do you substitute a drive name to go to a directory in Windows XP?
    > With Win 98 and earlier, you could type SUBST Z: C:\SOMEDIRECTORY.
    > You can still do that with Win XP, but I can't figure out how to make
    > it permanent. I have put SUBST Z: C:\PROGRA~1\TIMEDATA in the
    > AUTOEXEC.BAT and although that command still works on the commandline,
    > the Z: drive is not recognized on reboot. I have even used TweakUI
    > for XP to parse the AUTOEXEC.BAT file but it still does not work. I
    > think it can be done in the Environmental Settings on the Advanced Tab
    > in My Computer, but I'm not sure.

    Workaround - Share the directory, then map the share as the drive.

    Doesn't work if you don't have a live network ...

    RwP[/QUOTE]

    Ramesh Kaliyaperumal, Jun 1, 2012