    White Ballance and the Shot Settings. The other options including sharpness
    are greyed out, can anybody tell me how to use these settings.

    Gav

    Gavin Metcalfe, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Gavin Metcalfe

    Gman Guest

    Check your preferences and make sure the model number of your camera is set
    correctly. If "common processing" is selected then you won't be able to
    manipulate the image with sharpening, color tone etc...

    Gman, Apr 4, 2004

  3. It is set correctly, Canon S50. If common processing is selected I don't see
    any of the options. Problem is they are all visable but only White Ballance
    & Photo effect are enabled. Looked in manuals but seems there is very little
    information (half a page) on these settings.

    Gav

    Gavin Metcalfe, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Gavin Metcalfe

    Gman Guest

    You've got to have a raw image selected in order to have the options active. If
    you're doing all that then I don't have an answer for you. The most recent
    version of the software is 1.3.2. The update is available on Canons site.

    Gman, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Fair enough mate, must admit I've tried everything I can think of, even
    resorted to reading the manual. I'll download and try the new version,
    thanks for your efforts.

    Gav

    Gavin Metcalfe, Apr 5, 2004
  6. Nice one, installed the new version. Now I know why it didn't work for me.
    You have to have one of the other options set to custom to use them. The new
    version actually tells you why you can't use them, which is helpfull. :eek:)

    Gav

    Gavin Metcalfe, Apr 9, 2004