    Has anyone out there tried this or something like it?

    Thanks
    RC

    Guest, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Guest

    Rik Bain Guest

    The pix route-map command is not used for PBR.

    Rik Bain, Apr 3, 2004

  3. :> I haven't use the "route-map" on the PIX yet and was ready to assume
    :> that it would work exactly as it does on the routers, but you know what
    :> they say about making an assumption.

    :The pix route-map command is not used for PBR.

    To expand a little on Rik's correct reply:

    On the PIX, at least with the 6.x software (who knows about 7.x?),
    route maps are used only for OSPF.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Guest

    cisco_guru Guest

    I am not aware of any way to accomplish this goal on a PIX. I would suggest
    putting another router in front of the PIX to do the policy routing. Anyway,
    that's my 2 cents.

    John

    cisco_guru, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I appreciate everyone's response, to bad I can't use the route-map but I
    came up with another way using 2 outside interfaces and NAT on the
    Router_ISP_2.

    Thanks John, unfortunately this would make 3 routers outside the PIX, 2 in a
    fail-over (VRRP) configuration and the one you suggested for policy based
    router. Your idea would work, but I needed it to be 100% fault tolerant to
    any single failure. With the 3rd router between the 2 PIX and the other
    router, I introduce a single point of failure.

    Of course you wouldn't know this because I didn't put it in my original
    post.

    Thanks again
    RC

    Guest, Apr 5, 2004