    these Ultralast batteries on my quick charge chargers? Will my quick
    charge chargers have an adverse affect on these Ultralast batteries?
    TIA.

    Jerry D., Apr 30, 2004

  2. Jerry D.

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Capacity of your battery in mAh x 40% divided by the output of your
    charger.

    Bob Salomon, Apr 30, 2004

  3. I think you mean it should be multiplied by 140%, not 40%. That scale
    factor compensates for poor charge efficiency at trickle charge rates.
    You need to put in 140% of rated capacity in order to get the retained
    charge up to 100%.

    But for a fast charger, efficiency is better, so the right answer is
    probably closer to 110 or 120%. For example, 2000 mAH cells charged at
    1000 mA would take 2 hours at 100% efficiency (which never happens), but
    2.2 or 2.4 hours are realistic numbers.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Apr 30, 2004