    Any suggestions would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Scott<-=

    Scott Townsend, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Scott Townsend

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    The easiest way would be to buy a Sipura SPA-3000, which you can connect
    between your LAN and the phone jack and be done with it.

    http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

    Other than that, unless you are really looking for a project, I'd recommend
    just using Skype or something.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Scott Townsend

    Pepperoni Guest

    I think your best bet is a hardware solution at home. You dial using SIP
    from China (to your home here), and use Transit out, or local call
    forwarding, which allows you to forward incoming calls to your SIP adapter
    or phone to your mobile phone or PSTN phone of your choice. This means your
    PC at home need not be running.
    http://sipphone.com/fx200/
    http://store.sipphonestore.com/

    See also the SIPphone minis for making SIP calls using a traditional phone
    set rather than a PC for calling.

    If you want to use your PC, there are numerous SIP software solutions. (for
    initiating the SIP call from China)

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Mar 13, 2005