    (128.28.14.xxx) as the other machines so I can browse our local
    network. Is something like this possible?

    Thanks.

    brewman_63, Apr 25, 2005

  2. You can do this by doing several things. I do it with a
    service called ZoneEdit and a piece of software by SiteDevelopers
    called Dynamic DNS. It is a fifteen dollar program that you can buy
    on the SiteDevelopers site.

    Point your domain name at ZoneEdit with the DNS server
    information that ZoneEdit provides you. Then, point your subdomain at
    the current IP address of your gateway.

    Next, set up a PAT translation to forward the request from the
    port (port 80 for WWW) on the dynamic IP address (don't use the
    dynamic IP address because it will change from time to time) to the
    private IP address that your server is on.

    Finally, download and install Dynamic DNS on your server. It
    requires that your Windows PC have .NET Passport installed on it
    before it will work. On a server, you can get the server edition so
    it runs as a service on your PC. It will connect to ZoneEdit and give
    the new gateway IP address when it changes.

    From there, you should be good to go.

    Good luck.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Apr 25, 2005