    fine. Can I enable ICS on the client computer that has a wireless connection
    and then plug an ethernet cable into it to feed a connection to an Xbox for
    Xbox live?

    renrab, Feb 7, 2010

  2. renrab

    James Egan Guest

    The router is the gateway. If you switch on ICS the router and the
    "client computer" are both gateways.

    You can get outgoing connections working that way but the best
    approach is to leave ICS off and establish a bridge between the wired
    and wireless. Here are some instructions.

    Jim.

    James Egan, Feb 7, 2010

  3. Hi
    ICS is software Router.
    By using it after your main Router you create Double Routing.
    You can try it might work depending on what aspects of the connection are
    used.
    Otherwise it is better to do what was suggested above.
    Bridging makes one cohesive network from the two segments and the IPs and
    Routing are controlled by the Main Router.
    If you have trouble with the Bridging read this,
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q302348&ID=KB;EN-US;Q302348
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Feb 7, 2010