Using Flash with the Fuji S7000

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Larry, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Larry

    Larry Guest

    I was wondering if anyone had any recomendations as to which flash unit to
    use with the Fuji S7000.

    The camera manual says "use an external flash in which the fstop and
    sensitivity can be set on the flash.

    I dont own any such flash (though I have a wagonload of generic flash units)
    the manual makes no recomendation other than that.

    My most common need for flash is as a "fill" to light the shaded area on
    someones face when they are wearing a large brimmed hat (such as a cowboy
    hat) while mounted on a horse.

    The built in flash is always available, but I usually set these shots up from
    distances ranging from 15 to 20 feet, and I dont think the little built in
    unit will cut the mustard.

    I did some testing with it over the weekend, and it doesn't QUITE do the job.

    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Apr 13, 2004