    I've connected a 17" LCD Monitor and it works fine, but the
    laptop screen remains on as well. How can I shut the
    laptop screen off? Thanks in advance.

    Joe Viola, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Joe Viola

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Joe Viola

    Larry Crites Guest

    My IBM ThinkPad has a setting in the BIOS. AGP for an external monitor or
    through a docking station, LCD for the laptop screen, BOTH to use both of
    them.

    Larry
    Behold Beware Believe

    Larry Crites, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Joe Viola

    Joe Viola Guest

    Press what button? All I did was plug the external

    Joe Viola, Aug 9, 2005
  5. I wouldn't touch XP with *your* pole, but perhaps in CP/Display (or its
    equivalent) there's a setting for one, the other, or both -- like there
    was in earlier flavors of Win.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 9, 2005
  6. Joe Viola

    why? Guest

    RTFM, Same thing happens with DELL and many other brands.

    Learn how to use www.google.com

    You did try www.hp.com , or not. Since it's an HP/Compaq product, but no
    that;s too easy.

    If you look for the Presario 2200 manuals, there are 5 models you will
    find something like this -

    Compaq Presario 2200 Notebook PC: Manuals
    Reference Guide
    pg 2-6
    Basic Operation
    To Use the Function Hot Keys
    Fn+F5 Toggles the external monitor on and off.

    That took about 15 seconds to find.

    Me

    why?, Aug 9, 2005
  7. Joe Viola

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Change in setup.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Aug 9, 2005
  8. Joe Viola

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Aug 9, 2005
  9. Joe Viola

    Joe Viola Guest

    Correct! It's Fn + F5. Many thanks for your help.

    Joe Viola, Aug 9, 2005
  10. Joe Viola

    J-McC Guest

    With many laptops if you plug an external monitor in to the video
    connector and then turn it on the external monitor is recognised and
    automatically is activated.

    J-McC, Aug 10, 2005
  11. Joe Viola

    Sunny Guest

    Just for useless info, a Aust Govt. Dept., back in 1990, bought Toshiba
    laptops with separate monitors and keyboards.
    (The Monitor sat on top of the closed lap top) worked out cheaper than
    desktop stuff.

    Sunny, Aug 10, 2005
  12. Joe Viola

    Patk100

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Compaq Laptop

    Hello

    I have a Compaq Presario v6600 laptop for which I have just purchased a Kensington port bar model 3367 with graphic support this connect the the laptop via USB - I am running Vista Home premium.

    Attached by USB to the port bar are an external HDD and ethernet port.

    The ethernet port and the external HDD are working fine but I get no display on the external monitor and the keyboard and mosue do not work, is there a switch to activae the external montior.

    Anyone any experienced thsi kind of trouble, would be grateful for any help getting it working.

    Many thanks

    pAT

    Patk100, Jan 17, 2008