    Any suggestions much appreciated (and hope I explained it well enough).

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Dec 7, 2003

  2. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    Read the Word help files on how to set an image as
    a background.

    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2003

  3. About as helpful as the proverbial teats on a bull, I'm afraid, but I
    managed to get an image in there, rotate it to where I needed it, and set it
    so that it's transparent to the text, which means it prints out more or less
    OK.

    But I can't see the graphic while typing in my text.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Steve Freides

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't have Word installed, so I can't help you with that.
    Personally, I would use a good graphics application, like
    Paintshop Pro.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Steve Freides

    Liz Guest

    Word offers several ways to view your document,
    you must set the document in the Print Layout View.
    Type your text, then Add your graphic, now you can choose
    how you want to wrap text around the graphic.

    Click on the graphic, on the Format menu, click Picture,
    Layout tab, select Wrapping style, and then click the way
    you want to align the graphic with the text, Word can align
    a graphic to the left, center or right of the text, OK.

    Liz, Dec 7, 2003
  6. I did all of that - I've got the document to be transparent and behind the
    text - it prints just fine but putting in the text is a matter of trial and
    error since you can only see the text and the graphic overlayed on one
    another in print preview or by actually printing the thing out.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Dec 7, 2003
  7. Steve Freides

    Liz Guest

    Sounds like you want the background to look like a form?
    You can try adding text box in your document. On the Insert menu>
    click "text box"> Horizontal, drag the handle around the text box
    to change the size of the box, then type the text you want the box
    to display. Your friend can edit the text by clicking on the box.
    To delete a text box, click the box and hit the Delete key.

    Liz, Dec 7, 2003
  8. Steve Freides

    M Mullen Guest

    |> I'm trying to help out a friend's kid's school project here - here's got a
    |> graphic of an old newspaper with blank lines where text is supposed to be
    |> and he wants to be able to set this up as background onto which his son can
    |> type so that it looks like the newspaper. I've got a .TIF which will need
    |> to be rotated to be straight (which I don't know how to do) and then I need
    |> to set it up in Word or similar so that he can do what he needs (which I
    |> also don't know how to do).
    |>
    |> Any suggestions much appreciated (and hope I explained it well enough).

    Have you tried the watermark option. Using your TIFF as a watermark you can
    lighten it or darken it as needed and WYSIWYG.

    I only mention it now as you've had a lot of replies and was thinking one would
    work for you. It's not easy but it will do what you want.

    M Mullen, Dec 7, 2003