    bridge configuration. Any suggestions?

    Joe Drago
    StreamLine Communications

    Joe Drago, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Joe Drago

    Joe Drago Guest

    Answered my own question ... after searching some, I came up with this:

    interface Ethernet4
    no ip address
    media-type 10BaseT
    traffic-shape rate 750000 18000 18000 1000
    bridge-group 1

    This throttles the bridge at 750kbit/s perfectly. All I actually typed in
    was "traffic-shape rate 750000" and hit <cr>, and IOS picked the burst
    values and buffer for me. I'm excited!

    Bridge-group 1 is just a regular ol' bridge group (with "bridge 1 route
    ip" for setting the admin'ing through the BVI), and it throttles as a
    bridge. I believe traffic-shape requires IOS 12.0 or better(?), but this
    worked great on a 4700 router running 12.1(20).

    Joe Drago, Nov 12, 2003

  3. Joe Drago

    Joe Drago Guest

    One last note ... This seems to only affect the outbound traffic on this
    port, so to truely throttle on both sides of a 2 port bridge, you much
    match this traffic-shape line on the other interface.

    Joe Drago, Nov 12, 2003