Using 2 GB cards with Nikon D50

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by joefoto, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. joefoto

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:53:40 -0000, "dennis@home"
    <-ass.net> wrote:

    >"Bill Funk" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:39:08 -0000, "dennis@home"
    >> <-ass.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thats why using hard drives for computer backup is not a good idea.
    >>>Its less likely on a single purpose device like a camera though.

    >> Using hard drives for backup isn't a bad idea at all.
    >> The bad part is not understanding the drawbacks and dangers.
    >> External drives are an excellent way to do backups, especially if they
    >> are stored in a secure place.

    >How many do you rotate through?

    Drives? Or generations?
    I usually use two drives for backups; one for imnages, stored in a gun
    safe, and an external for backups of certain folders.
    Of the images, I do incrementals for about six months, then start
    over. This system keeps at least duplicates of importand files, and
    triplicates of most.

    --
    The Dixie Chicks won the Grammy
    for Best Country Album on Sunday