    Firefox does not remember user ID's and passwords, and doesn't even ask me
    if it should remember them. Is there an extension that will force Firefox
    to always remember every user ID and password I type in?

    History Fan, Sep 10, 2006

  2. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    some sites disable the remembering of passwords function. However,
    sometimes you can get around that by using the remember password
    bookmarklet. Just drag it to your bookmarks, visit the login site,
    click on the bookmarklet, hit ok to the popup, enter your user name
    and password, and enter. You should get another popup asking if you
    want to remember the password. Sometimes this works, sometimes it
    doesn't:
    http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

    gwtc, Sep 10, 2006

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    some sites disable the remembering of passwords function.

    My credit union website disables password saving, and that's okay.
    But I find it strange that Firefox will not automatically store and remember
    my user ID and password at the Dell Community Forums, for example.

    History Fan, Sep 10, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    some sites disable the remembering of passwords function. However,
    That actually seems to have fixed the problem, at least with two
    websites that I had trouble with. Thanks for the link. What exactly is a
    bookmarklet?

    History Fan, Sep 10, 2006
  5. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    What exactly is a bookmarklet?

    According to one website:

    Bookmarklets are simple tools that extend the surf and search capabilities
    of Netscape and Explorer web browsers.

    Bookmarklets are free.

    Bookmarklets allow you to:

    a.. Modify the way you see someone else's webpage.
    b.. Extract data from a webpage.
    c.. Search more quickly, and in ways not possible with a search engine.
    d.. Navigate in new ways.
    ...and more. Over 150 bookmarklets are available.

    History Fan, Sep 10, 2006
  6. History Fan

    gwtc Guest

    bookmarklets are like bookmarks but contain pieces of javascripts that
    let you do certain things.

    150!!!! -- that must an old site. I have over 600 of them, and I've
    just scratched the surface of them.

    gwtc, Sep 10, 2006