    tech support. They say "try later".

    For some reason, they don't list intermittent problems on their Service
    Status page, which is the first place I checked...

    NY, Dec 10, 2014

  2. Really?

    I'm not aware of any intermittent issues affecting our Usenet service?

    Plusnet Support Team, Dec 10, 2014

  3. NY

    NY Guest

    Weird. Dan M said that there were intermittent problems when I chatted with
    him an hour ago. And because they were intermittent they were difficult to
    investigate. I wish I'd asked for a transcript of the chat session to be
    emailed to me...

    Anyway, the fact that I have now received your posting suggests that
    whatever was wrong has now righted itself.

    NY, Dec 10, 2014
  4. NY

    Graham J Guest

    Or it's still intermittently present ...

    Graham J, Dec 10, 2014
  5. NY

    Graham. Guest

    Not weird at all, it's the old "Yes sir, we are aware of a problem and
    are working on it. Call back later" ploy that bedevils first line
    support.

    Tiscali used to be masters of this art, and would claim to have
    knowledge of practically anything you reported to them. It will be
    fixed in 36 hours.

    The correct response should have been "Thanks for bringing this to our
    attention but I am not aware of anything at our end that would cause
    this. I will do some checking and get back to you".

    When in doubt tell_the_truth.

    Graham., Dec 10, 2014
  6. NY

    Kraftee Guest

    But even that could be a lie as they very seldom ring back.

    Kraftee, Dec 14, 2014