    file server at 1GPS could service 4 clients at 1000Mbpsd happily and
    that might be the intention.

    If the Ethernet had been reliable, that is.

    The Natural Philosopher, Mar 7, 2015

  2. The Natural Philosopher

    notyalckram Guest

    Which version of BT Hub. AFAIK the most they have is 4X100Mbps and one VDSL port using RJ45 sockets.

    If the router is as you describe, then plug the PC into the 1G port and your printer, NAS, other PC's etc. into the other ports.

    notyalckram, Mar 7, 2015

  3. The Natural Philosopher

    Kraftee Guest

    Or you could connect the Gig socket to a Giga switch, connecting all the
    other kit to the switch.

    The later models of the HH only have Gig sockets on the back so the point is
    mute anyway.

    Kraftee, Mar 7, 2015