useful setting in device manager (may be useful to know!)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk, Jul 7, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Here is a list of some useful options in propeties of a device, in
    device manager.
    If anybody knows of any others, feel welcome to add them. They may be
    helpful for people.

    mouse,keyb - power management tab "allow this device to bring the
    computer out of standby"

    network card - advanced tab , change MAC, and other options like
    enabling/disabling WOL
    (some network cards have this option)

    IDE ATAPI controllers - set to DMA.
    (sometimes people have problems when it is not set to that. Since PIO
    - the thing which was before DMA, was very slow).

    sound video audio controllers..video codecs
    you can see them listed, and remove any if you want - maybe if
    experimenting with something.
    gspot is probably more powerful.

    , Jul 7, 2008

  2. Aren't all of these settings available under their respective icons in the
    Control Panel?

    <?top post>

    Jeff Strickland, Jul 7, 2008

  3. Guest

    On 7 Jul, 17:01, "Jeff Strickland" <> wrote:
    > Aren't all of these settings available under their respective icons in the
    > Control Panel?

    <snip>

    it seems that some are, some aren't.

    , Jul 7, 2008