    I'm going to use rtr to schedule ping at specified intervals but what does rtr do exactly?
    Does anyone know its use?

    Alex.

    AM, Apr 1, 2005

  2. AM

    polleke Guest

    RTR works like an application as many can be found to run on a PC.
    If enabled you can let the router do 'tests' for availability and presence
    of hosts and or services located everywhere.
    The protocols 'test' can be choosen going from a simple ping upto FTP DNS or
    HTTP servers availability (and response time)
    As where the names comes from :) Response Time Reporter :)

    polleke, Apr 4, 2005