    XP Devise Manager shows Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controller and
    driver as Microsoft driver and date 01/06/02...is that the latest?
    If not where can I download the latest drivers? Thanks. John

    John Brown, Jun 17, 2006

  2. Pursuant to the last reply, if you do have viruses or spyware, get that
    cleaned up before chasing your tail trying to fix other things.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 17, 2006

  3. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    Don't have viruses or spyware...last was placed for friend.

    John Brown, Jun 17, 2006
  4. John Brown

    beenthere Guest

    Have you tried your Mboard manufacturer for USB2 drivers for
    your machine ?.

    beenthere, Jun 17, 2006
  5. John Brown

    Fou Guest

    "John Brown" <>> Have USB2 but throughput speed very
    slow....seems less than USB1 speed!

    Is it as slow as you are, ya Witless Wonder???

    Fou, Jun 17, 2006
  6. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    ---------
    Bit further forward...question raised because new flash pen drive showed as
    crawling assumed it was the USB card but when comparing with another flash
    pen drive now realise its the damned pen that's outputting speeds less than
    USB1 !....perhaps my fault for buying it cheap from Hongkong (but made in
    China)!
    Anyone know if that's it or is it possible to somehow "upgrade" such a flash
    pen drive from slow to USB2 speeds?
    And also anyone know if flash pens are supposed to function at the same
    speed when transfering data TO and FROM the pen?
    Thanks J

    John Brown, Jun 17, 2006
  7. John Brown

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In John Brown spewed forth:
    I don't think so. The memory chips themselves are probably limiting the
    speed.

    When I did a little research into memory sticks for digital cameras, I found
    that some brands actually list the memory speed. And that speed directly
    relates to how many pictures can be taken in a certain amount of time on a
    specific camera. (Of course, if the camera itself is slow, then the faster
    memory won't help.)

    Relating that to your dilemma, if you have slow memory in the stick, it just
    ain't gonna run any faster than the memory is built to perfom at.

    But, since I've never researched USB flash pen memory, I might be wrong.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  8. John Brown

    John Brown Guest

    Ok, thanks for that. J