    USB? The MB has a VIA chipset.

    Tia

    Gerald

    Grytpype-Thynne, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Grytpype-Thynne

    Brian Guest

    No.

    Brian, Sep 7, 2004

  3. On 07 Sep 2004, Grytpype-Thynne wrote
    Nope: I put in a Belkin USB 2 card, and my USB 1 ports are still
    functioning just fine.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 7, 2004
  4. Grytpype-Thynne

    Robin Hood Guest

    No, you can use both.

    My USB mouse and printer are on an old existing ports while my USB external
    hard drive is on my USB2 PCI card.

    Both work fine.

    After all the things that don't need the increased speed of USB 2 can be
    left on the USB 1 ports leaving the high speed ports free for more demanding
    products.

    Robin Hood, Sep 7, 2004