    dont want to connect to other network(piggyback) anyone knows how to do that?

    Any advise will be much appreciate.

    Thank you.

    Guest, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 10, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No Jack, the router SSID and the laptop is the same just doesn't want to
    connect to a secure network, it only connects to a un-secure network.

    Guest, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Hi
    SSID is not the issue, computers can connect wirelessly even if the SSID is
    not the same.
    Your security (encryption) is probably On in the Router and Not on the
    Client computer.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 10, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jack, you right, I've turned off the encryption on router and then I was able
    to connect to my network, but you see this is not what I want because this is
    a unsecure connections in both, router and client. If I turned back on the
    router it won't connect anymore. I don't know something is wrong, I will go
    for a wireless card instead of USB.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Apr 10, 2006