    (I have a 450W PSU)
    thanks

    Frank

    frankg, Jan 10, 2006

  2. frankg

    Gerard Bok Guest

    Milliamps tells you, how much power the port is able to supply.
    Not important if you want to connect, say a mouse or an USB
    stick, but rather important if you want to connect an external
    harddisk (without it's own powersupply) or a bus-powered scanner.
    (500 mA should be enough for most USB devices)

    480 Mbps tells you how fast the device will operate.
    Or better, upto what speeds the hub supports your peripherals.
    480 Mbps is the highest speed you can get out of USB 2.

    Gerard Bok, Jan 10, 2006

  3. frankg

    frankg Guest

    Thank you for this - very helpful