    Thanks,
    Brian

    --

    brian, Feb 28, 2008

  2. brian

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya brian.

    Did you remove the device straight away or did you leave enough time for
    it to finish writing first?

    Ponder, Feb 28, 2008

  3. brian

    brian Guest

    I did wait as it was only a few 25 Kb text files for a test. I even did the
    safely remove hardware method.

    I guess it just could be defective?

    brian, Feb 29, 2008
  4. brian

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya brian.

    Well that excludes the early disconnect possibility.
    It could be. Try formatting it and copying the files again to see what
    happens.

    Ponder, Feb 29, 2008
  5. brian

    brian Guest

    Yep I tried that too, it will then show the full 16Gb in the drive
    properties window, and when files are copied to it I can open them from the
    drive, but after the drive is removed and inserted again, I can't see the
    files. But under the properties window it shows that there is space being
    used on that drive.
    Something weird here.

    brian, Feb 29, 2008
  6. brian

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya brian.

    Weird is right. What happens if you run chkdsk on it?

    Ponder, Feb 29, 2008
  7. brian

    PeeCee Guest

    Brian

    I had one do that, took it back and the second did the same, changed to
    another brand all OK.
    Retailer said a lot of them had done the same, probably best to take it
    back/get refund.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 29, 2008
  8. brian

    DaN Guest

    That's why you should be wary of buying electronics at shows.

    ~Dan

    DaN, Feb 29, 2008
  9. brian

    Bert Guest

    This might be interesting for you:
    http://reviews.ebay.com/BEWARE-of-FAKE-1GB-2GB-4GB-8GB-USB-Flash-Drives-on-eBay_W0QQugidZ10000000001236200

    Bert

    Bert, Feb 29, 2008
  10. brian

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Tell the s/w to "remove device" before you unplug it.

    Rick Merrill, Mar 1, 2008
  11. brian

    Mitch Guest

    Yes; how about file name differences?

    What format is the originating drive using?
    What format is the flash storage?

    Is there a difference in the file naming requirements?
    (Punctuation, spaces, length, extension length?)

    Mitch, Mar 17, 2008