USB Printing Support in Windows 95

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rusty Shackleford, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Hi all.

    Is there any way at all to be able to give USB printing support in Windows
    95 (WITHOUT having to upgrade to another OS)? My system was made for a
    higher OS, but I just love Windows 95 so much because I find it fast,
    stable, and best suited to run most of my hardware. The only problem is the
    printer... (in case you were wondering, I am running Windows 95 version
    4.00.950C, with USB support installed.)

    The printer that I would like to use is an HP DeskJet 656c, which says it
    only has support for 98 and up. If I can get USB printing support for 95,
    is/are there any kind of compatible driver(s) which I can use to get basic
    printing cooperation? All I need is for it to print monochrome; no color.

    Also, if there may be another solution this way, I have another computer
    upstairs which does have USB printing support (it runs Windows XP Home
    Edition), and these two computers are networked together. If I were to set
    the printer up on that computer, is there any way which I would be able to
    print from the one which runs 95 on the USB printer upstairs? I know that
    you can use a networked printer no problem if there is support for the
    connection used, but I'm just wondering if it would be possible if I could
    print from a computer with no USB printing support...

    I would appreciate any help.

    Thank you,

    Rusty Shackleford (Rautsje Shchanklefrod is the closest Romanization of my
    name that makes some sense...)

    http://members.shaw.ca/rustyshackleford/name.bmp

    Rusty Shackleford, Aug 1, 2003

  2. Rusty Shackleford

    ÆnÎGmà Guest

    Even the second edition of win95 with usb support was tenuous to say the
    very least.
    Some devices are ok but most will never work what-ever you do.
    You must up-grade your O/S to use usb.

    ÆnÎGmÃ, Aug 1, 2003

  3. Ok. Nevermind people; I got it to work.

    Rusty

    Rusty Shackleford, Aug 1, 2003