    If the computer was brand new I don't doubt it would work, but I still
    think PS2 is the best connection for this type of device.

    John

    John, Mar 3, 2004

  2. BrightStar

    Thor Guest

    The USB port is already using the resources it is assigned, mouse, or no
    mouse, unless you completely disable the ports. No different than having a
    PS2 port active, and not using it. If you have an old machine, I would also
    recommend PS2 over USB. But for newer hardware I see no disadvantage in
    using USB. Eventually, PS2 will be gone anyway.

    Thor, Mar 4, 2004