    A Lexar USB removeable drive is not recognized at all by Windows Explorer on
    the front 2 usb ports but it is immediately recognised on the rear usb ports

    Why is this & is there a fix for it ?

    Frank, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Most probably the usb stick is usb1.1 and the front ports are usb2.0. The
    drive should be recognized there as well, but (at least as I know from
    pre-SP2 XP) with a warning.

    Walter Mautner, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Frank

    Ingeborg Guest

    Are you sure the front ports are connected? If so, maybe there's a hub
    between the ports and the mobo. Not all devices like that.

    Ingeborg, Aug 31, 2004