    back, I lose all the data. If it turns out the actual HDD is broke, by
    taking it apart I've lost the warranty AND the data.

    Which is my best option?

    mentalguy2004, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Depends of your defintion of "best"...

    --

    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Nigger_manual

    My newest company is developing computer chips which
    store and play music for implantation into women's boobs.

    This may resolve complaints from women about men always
    staring at their breasts - but never listening to them!

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 18, 2007

  3. mentalguy2004

    Meat Plow Guest

    It may be the enclosure. I just had to replace one on my network storage
    device yesterday. USB enclosure into a Linksys network storage link. Drive
    made the same sounds you described. Put it in a new case and fixed.

    Meat Plow, Jul 18, 2007
  4. mentalguy2004

    nevio Guest

    another option would be to boot from a live cd (puppy linux) and see if
    the files are still there

    nevio, Jul 18, 2007
  5. mentalguy2004

    Meat Plow Guest

    Only if the drive didn't spin up and down and click like the OP mentioned.

    Meat Plow, Jul 18, 2007
  6. mentalguy2004

    Plato Guest

    Contant clicking for WD HDDs drives is almost a sure sign of impending
    failure of the drive. This has always been the way with WD HDDs.

    Plato, Jul 19, 2007

  7. I'd go for the *refund*. It's almost the weekend, and the
    money could come in handy if you meet a desperate crackwhore.

    --

    http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Crackwhore

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 20, 2007
  10. mentalguy2004

    Meat Plow Guest

    Was someone trying to say something?

    Meat Plow, Jul 20, 2007
  11. mentalguy2004

    Meat Plow Guest

    Hmmm someone keep trying to say something but nothing appears.

    Meat Plow, Jul 20, 2007
  12. mentalguy2004

    Dean McDane Guest

    Caps - Stupid - Plonk

    Dean McDane, Jul 20, 2007
  13. Bucky Breeder wrote this in

    But you just have to keep replying don't you,
    you substance-retarded compulsive shit-wit.

    Bucky Breeder, Jul 20, 2007
  14. mentalguy2004

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jul 21, 2007