    Jim S Guest

    Is there any point in changing my 2GB USB drive from FAT to NTFS?
    My pc is XP - not sure whether one of those I need to access may be Win98.

    Jim S, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Jim S

    meerkat Guest

    Hi Jim, format it in Fat32, that`s quite suitable for what
    you`ll use it for.
    It`ll be backward compatible, and, ok for NTFS.

    bw..

    meerkat, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    Done.
    Thanks again.

    Jim S, Nov 21, 2007
  4. Jim S

    chuckcar Guest

    2 gig is too small to worry about NTFS advantages.

    chuckcar, Nov 21, 2007
  5. Jim S

    Billh Guest

    On a side note if you ever have to stick it in a Mac or Linux computer you
    will be glad it is Fat32.

    Billh, Nov 22, 2007
  6. Jim S

    Plato Guest

    Then stick with FAT32 as Win98 cant see NTFS

    Plato, Nov 22, 2007
  7. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    Thanks all.
    I converted FAT to FAT32.
    It seems to take longer to disengage tho'

    Jim S, Nov 22, 2007