    memory.

    saqib
    http://doctrina.wordpress.com/

    Saqib Ali, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Saqib Ali

    bealoid Guest

    something like "ghostscript" would fit the bill, no?

    bealoid, Mar 31, 2008

  3. Saqib Ali

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Do you want to use the USB to pretend it is a keyboard?

    Rick Merrill, Apr 3, 2008
  4. Saqib Ali

    Saqib Ali Guest

    Nope.

    I need a programmable USB device that pretend that it is a keyboard
    and send keystrokes.

    Saqib Ali, Apr 4, 2008
  5. Saqib Ali

    Paul Guest

    Perhaps if you look for companies that make "USB protocol analyzers",
    you'll find a generator or stimulus package.

    http://www.corelis.com/products/USB_Explorer_260.htm

    (Followup set, because my USENET server will not allow reply to crossposts
    with too many groups set, without using Followup.)

    Paul

    Paul, Apr 4, 2008
  6. Saqib Ali

    polemon Guest

    Should those be pre-programmed sequences of keystrokes, or just random ones?

    If those are supposed to be random keystrokes, you could simply modify a
    USB keyboard: add a controler for random signals to the keyboard
    controler, and it should send random keystrokes.

    If you need pre-programmed keystrokes, things would be more tricky.
    A friend of mine builds self-made USB devices with microcontrollers.
    If you have the know-how, you could do this yourself or, program the
    controler to produce keystrokes in a sequential order to use with a
    keyboard controller from a USB keyboard.

    That aside, I've never heard of something like a keystroke-generator,
    that is *not* installed into a keyboard.

    (Also, this Mouse-Jiggler-thing seems ridiculously purpose-less)

    Regards, --polemon

    polemon, Oct 26, 2008
  7. Saqib Ali

    Saqib Ali Guest

    Should those be pre-programmed sequences of keystrokes, or just random ones?
    pre-programmed sequence of keystrokes.
    Yea we used to build these in school for sending keystrokes to Intel
    Explorer and 8086 boards. :) However, I longer have the know how,
    equipment or time to build these devices, so I was wondering if there
    are any off the shelf device that can do this for me :)

    (yea I know I am being lazy....)

    Saqib Ali, Oct 30, 2008